Viva Baritones - My Introduction

Hello all
My name is Simon Harrison and I play 1st Baritone (4 valve) with Kirkby
Lonsdale Brass Band up in South Lakeland, Cumbria, UK. We are a town band
which established itself sometime around 1821 (as our records would have us
believe). We are graded 3rd Section locally and compete in several contests
throughout the year.
Mostly, we serve the local community and surrounding area, not forgetting that
while we take the music relatively seriously, we are trying to make music and
enjoy ourselves in the process.

We like to think that we have made a modest number of friends within the Brass
Band Movement both here and abroad (predominantly Belgium) and we are always
willing and able to make more.

I have been playing in Kirkby Lonsdale for at least 26 years, first of all
with the youth band that was set up with a handful of senior players offspring
and then I progressed to the main band also taking up the Contest secretary's
post a few years ago.

My wife, Jacque, has also grown up with banding, coming from a village youth
band to join Kirkby Lonsdale Band, and after several years of mutual
friendship we did the decent thing and got married, white wedding, band
playing in the church etc....all the band invited to the night
reception.....say no more!

I hope that this enough/not too much, if you are still reading my dribble, to
get aquainted.

See you all around

Simon Harrison