Cool it people!

I think the main reason that some of the subscribers to the list are getting a
little hot under the collar is that we are all passionate about making music
either in a Brass Band/Ensemble or Orchestra.

Sometimes when somebody else has a personal difference of opinion it can
offend others because they may hold dear to them another opinion and as one
person once said in not so many words :-

 "We can take things too personally when someone else voices an opinion that
is different to our own because musicians, in particular, are sensitive to
blatant criticism whilst constructive criticism can enable players of all
abilities to learn and improve their playing whilst enjoying what we do."

There are those within the Brass Band movement, as there are probably in many
organisations, groups or teams all over the world, that may be seen a bigots
who appear to be negative. I think I have been around enough negative people
to know that not a lot gets done in that enviroment but when you start being
positive and respect other's beliefs, opportunities open up to the benefit of
everyone.

Let's not lose sight of what we enjoy and hold close.

That's me off the soap box for the rest of this year at least.

Simon