Re: Sops, Piccs, and brass bnd bigotry

>Ian McKechnie wrote:
>
>> I have played with bands which are as unwelcoming and hostile to
>> "outsiders" as this discussion group, and also with bands which were
>> open-minded and friendly.  Frankly, the narrow-minded bigots are
>> rarely the better players.
>
>Ian, I have refrained from entering into the current debate regarding your
>views, but I have to say that saying things like this is leads me to think
that
>you have a rather large fried potato just to the side of your neck.
>
>If you don't like the debating on here, or don't approve of the
attititudes,
>then simply get off the list.
>
>Goodbye
>
>Monkey

I think at this point everyone that this thread should end as it is now
getting very personal and very offensive.  I know I have my views and love
to have a joke but I feel that this has now reached the point of no return
and any further postings on this could really harm the list. So come on lets
find a new subject !

I know why did they pick Main Street for the Areas for 3rd section and yet
only a few months ago it was the 2nd section piece for Pontins finals.
Surely the pieces for 2nd and 3rd section should have been the other way
round ?

What do you think ?

BBB