Re: Music/Sound on Web page

>If anyone could spare a few moments, I would appreciate it.
>
>Knowing `next to nothing` about putting sound on one of my Band`s Web pages,
>I have just had a go. Would someone mind going onto the page below & try
>downloading the odd short Wave file ? Each file is only about 30 secs & 200K
>in size. I am keen to know if my experiment has worked.
Your page says that the files are mp3s, but the filename extension and a
quick look at the file data itself confirms them to be wavs. So anyone
using Windows should have no problems playing them. I don't use a Mac, but
saving them to disk and then opening them in a player should work. It would
seem that you did not convert your wave files into Mp3 files.

>If you have done this yourself - with any success - would you let me into
>your secret ?
I have - check out our band pages. Unfortunately they use a format called
Vqf, which is newer than Mp3 and requires its own player (available on the
page) - Mpeg versions of the files will follow very soon. You can e-mail me
for information (this could very easily turn into a computer list).

Our website is:
http://www.socc.ie/brass

Trevor Johnston
Drogheda Brass Band