Braces

I have another teaching problem to ask about.

It seems that nearly every teenage kid here in Oz ends up with braces
for 18 months at some point. Most of them take a little time to get used
to them but eventually get over the hurdle. Quite a few use wax which
seems to help.

However I've got a girl trumpeter who has had them for a couple of weeks
and they have really stuffed her up. She was a pretty good player
before, now she can hardly get a clear note.

The braces most of the kids wear here are like small metal squares in
the centre of every tooth that are joined up by a wire running through
them all.

Anybody got any tricks that I can try?

Cheers

Monkey