RE: Many thanks and politics

Tony and Tanya McLeish writes..................

> Yep, and most of the bitching comes from prima-donna solo
> cornet players.
> They seem to think there above everyone else.
> PS I play cornet but only 3rd. Have played repiano but
> couldn't handle the
> clowns in the front row.

A lot of politics depends, of course, on the band that you're in. I'm
very lucky in that I'm in a very happy cornet section and everyone seems
to be perfectly happy where they are and who they are having to sit
behind. Yes, solo cornet players do sometimes have the "Prima Donna"
stimga attached to them, but don't paint everyone with the same brush.
I'm also lucky in that I receive some excellent support from my front
row collegues.

Our band policy is just to shut up and get on with the playing. Isn't
that what it's all about?

Regards

Alistair Richards
Principal Cornet