Re: fees

Claire Warden wrote:

> On a Fees point can I ask how much are players contributing in other
> bands ???

Down here in Oz, in the City of Greater Dandenong Band, my husband and I paid
$45 between us for the financial year - hubby gets a reduced fee because he
owns his own cornet and of course subsequent family members get a reduced
rate.  (Don't ask me what this is in pounds!!).  I think this is rather cheap
for one year but we did have a bass player walk out too because of the
introduction of fees.

I know other bands pay more, others less.  I know of a band that also has an
instrument/property bond to pay on joining.  Our band doesn't have that much
money and is constantly having to fundraise.  The bus to get us to the Adelaide
Nationals this year is costing us about $3000 and we don't have it in the
bank.  We get a paltry grant from the council each year which incorporates our
hall hire.  We were lucky to get an extra grant to buy new percussion gear but
that was a one-off.  We also have to pay $300 each year to the VBL plus all the
other numerous and neverending expenses and MD fees.   We need new uniforms and
instruments too!

I have also been in a concert band and their fees were about $50 a school term.

Regards,
Vicki.