Re: Many thanks and politics

Have to agree with you here Tony.

Over the years we have had various people who think they are on a higher level
so to speak who constantly shake their head and mutter when other people make
a mistake. Not only cornet players it has to be said - our worst culprit was
the Euphonium player!

On a few occasions his criticism was constructive but more often than not it
was downright nasty.  This just leads to friction within the band, and instead
of one big team it seems to split the band into separate little groups.

Thankfully, whilst he was a very good player, he has moved on to a higher
section band, although I still think his criticisms will be unwelcome!

I went through a bad patch whilst playing Rep a few years ago with the
principal cornet.  I think it is best to get it out in the open as we are now
best friends and she is my little girls godmother - good things can come out
of it.

I no longer play rep, in fact I'm on extended maternity leave so to speak
until my little girl is old enough to play herself. She's only three but can
already "buzz" through a mouthpiece.

Does anybody have advice on when she should start to play. I started at the
age of 5 and it doesn't appear to have done me any harm although a friend
suggested she should be around the age of  8.

Cheers

Jacque
Kirky Lonsdale Brass Band