Happy99 mail worm

Folks,

This only affects Windows users, as far as I know MAC, UNIX and other users
will be safe.

You may have heard of the latest mail worm to hit the 'net. It's called
happy99. Unlike "good times" this one does exist. An infected person
has already (inadvertantly) tried to post this worm to the list. I have
warned Mark that he has the virus, I have also seen the worm in a mail sent
to me.

Usually talk of viruses like this is beyond the scope of the list, any mail
about Good Times and so on will get stopped by me. However having now seen
this attempted to be sent to the list it would seem to be relevant.

You know if you've been infected in anyone sends you a mail with a program
attachment called "happy99.exe". This program then displays the message
Happy 99 with a firework display. In the background it modifies your mailer
to attach itself to any outgoing message. If you see this program as
an attachment to a mail delete it and notify the sender that he/she has
been infected and should disinfect before sending any more mails.

Remember, despite the text of the Good Times hoax, you can not get a virus
simply by reading a mail, only by executing a program attached to a mail.

I will block anymore posts of this I see.

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Conductor, Typesetter.
Owner of the brass band group of the Internet. ICQ#20252325