Re: Many thanks and politics

Vicki  (our very humble pecussionist) writes:

>I can only presume your tongue is firmly in your cheek.....however if
>you live in Melbourne and you're looking for a band that has no >prima
donna solo cornets feel free to drop into Dandenong Band.  >Our solo
cornets are anything but prima donnas. (Alan A., Alan C. >and Rachelle
P.).

Very true  about our cornets Vicki, especially when you consider that
one of them (Alan Collard) has been principal and tutti solo cornet with
Dandenong for over 30 years and has almost single handely held the band
together during the lean years.  (His brother Bruce also has over 30
years service and plays second cornet.)

>I have found "prima donnas" don't stick around the one band long
>anyway, they're always looking for greener grass.

Thinking of anyone in particular there Vicki?  Better not answer that.

Cheers,
Roy Taylor.
City of Greater Dandenong Band.