Re: Politics again/ fees

-----Original Message-----
From: John Ingman <b.a.ingman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 February 1999 08:51
Subject: RE: Politics again/ fees

Hi,
> On a Fees point can I ask how much are players contributing in other
> bands ???

When we set up First City Brass last year we decided that we would look f
or
players that were totally dedicated to playing and turning up - something
which had always been a problem in the other London bands which we had be
en
involved in. The players all pay =A310 per month by standing order to be
in
the band - something just over a pound per rehearsal. Students and
unemployed members don't pay anything. If we go to an engagement by car t
hen
the band will reimburse some petrol money.

I have no time for the players that I have met who gripe about paying to
be
in a band over the pints of beer that they have just paid =A31.70 for. Al
so
the players who get company cars and their petrol paid but still seek
expenses. If I play for a band and it hasn't cost me anything to get ther
e I
don't ask for any money.

Jeremy