Milton Keynes

Dear all,

I was at the Milton Keynes Entertainment contest on Sunday 14th February. As
far as I am aware, the top three bands were First City Brass, Aveley, and
Redbridge(?), probably in that order. The soloist prize was awarded to the
cornet soloist from First City Brass. It seems that FCB will be a band to
watch in the L+SC Area competition next month!

I'm not sure where we finished - bits of our program were OK, but there was a
lot of loose playing and we were never really going to finish in the top
three.

It was a pleasure to meet list stalwart (Grandad) Rod Gibson (albeit briefly)
on Sunday. I hope I didn't say anything too silly - I had had a few cups of
tea by then...

Regards,

Cameron Mabon
City of Oxford Band