Re: .Band Fees etc.

At Bretforton Silver Band, we pay no fees, we only charge about 150 for a
job, and yet we still own our own band-room, and last year spent over 4,000
on a new set of uniforms.

We also have a supporters club which is made up ex-players, family members
and the general public, and this also makes more than 1,500 a year for the
band, in exchange for which we play at their fete on the August Bank Holiday
Monday.

We never have to pay for coaches for contests or travelling expences, as
local bands work on a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" policy for
deps.

We have a more than 95% attendance record at rehearsals, and rarely, if
never have a gap at jobs.

Our secret is Asparagus. The local Asparagus is some of the best in the
World, so every May we hold the only Asparagus Draw in the world, with all
the prizes being Asparagus. We also have an auction, and this raises in
total about 1,500 for us, and probably the same for the pub we hold it at
:-)

By know, I expect no-one else is reading so I'll finish

Marc

P.S. Anyone around the area on the 12th June (I think), come and listen to
our Youth Music Day. 12 hours of music, almost all of it from under 20's.
Great fun!