RE: Radio 3

> BBC kept it a secret so they can say that nobody ever listens to brass band
> concerts.

Interesting theory, but it doesn't explain why the bands appear to have kept
it secret by not releasing press releases to this list and the banding press.

One has to ask if bands are often their own worst enemies when it comes to
PR. During the late '80s and early '90s I sat on the board of a company
selling software to the PR industry. I know how the press works. All of the
bands I have come across say, for example, that the local press isn't
interested in brass bands and wont run any stories. I have had a 100% success
rate in proving bands wrong and getting them to the state that local
newspapers ring the bands for their latest news.

It doesn't take a genius, just determination, knowledge, patience and some time.

> Rod G

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Conductor, Typesetter.
Owner of the brass band group of the Internet. ICQ#20252325