RE: Lost horn

Dear Heidi,

Did you take out the policy or was it the bands policy ?  If it was the
bands did they advise you where your instrument was covered - surely if
they did the band dont have a leg to stand on (also I bet it isnt
written LEGALLY anywhere that you have to replace it) !!  I have my
tenor horn on my house AND car insureance and from what i know this is
the ONLY way to get it insured in your car (say to them you want goods
up to =A32000 - its not much extra with the AA)

I know its a bit late telling you this after the event but I think
there
are probably many people who are not covered by this.  The other thing
is that instruments are not usually insured in Car Accidents unless you
have them on your car policy.  Its an insurance nightmare sharing cars
to gigs and leaving instruments unattended !

Also, on a *slightly* brighter note, I have the contacts to get a
decent
discount for a Horn (bear in mind i live in Oxford) I would be happy to
try and help, maybe someone closer to you has this kind of contact also
??

The other good wheeze is if you have a daughter / son / relative at
school (and the school co-operates) you can get the VAT back if they
purchase it and you then give them the dosh (I saved =A3500 this way
when
i got mine - although I was still at school myself)

I assume you reported it to the police but what about local music shops
/ auctions / schools / local paper  etc... - our music school had some
stuff stolen and sold to the music shop a few blocks away !!!  (lucky i
know . . )

Just a couple of money saving thoughts and ideas, I'm sure list members
must have more ? ? ?

I'm sure everyones thoughts are with you,

Claire W

--
The truth is out there

(Reluctant)Tenor Horn Player - Penzance Silver Band
mayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/mayon/PzSilver.html
Sibelius 6 User (The superior music processing package for Acorn
Computer)
All opinions expressed are my own ... not that of PSB :)
ICQ - 16050438

--
njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx For information about this list, including how
'help'