Re: Little Cornard

Dear Ron.

I have in front of me the programme notes and the score for "Variations on
'Little Cornard' ", as written by Trevor Davis and published in the
Salvation Army Brass Band Journal, Triumph Series #1062.

As they read: " The words of the hymn by C.E. Oakley, Hills of the North
Rejoice apear in Sing for joy (the Salvation Army Young Peoples' Song Book)
and are well-known by those who recall school assemblies of yesteryear!  the
tune Little Cornard is that which is usually associated with that hymn."

Don't know if this is of any help to you, but if it is, great.

Ian Cooper
cooperfh@xxxxxxxxxxxx