RE: Lost Horn

Hello List,

Heidi, sorry hear about your lose.  The band I play for also had an
instrument stolen last year.  It was left on the back sit of the car over
night,  and hence not there in the morning.

This brought up the subject of insurance.  I play the Eb bass and have
refused to take it away from the band room, on the basis that I play subs
to the band and the band should cover me for every eventuality.  I have
also stop carrying the percussion.

As it turns out the bands insurance covers the instrument from the band
room to house and from the house to the bandroom and to engagements.  They
expect your house insurance to cover the instrument whilst in your house.
I still refused to do this and now they tell us it is also covered under
the band insurance.  I still question this !

So under this case if your instrument was in the car and you were on the
way to band practice or an engagement and you just had to pop back into the
house because you had forgotten your music, came back out to the car and
your instrument wasn't there.  Where would you stand with you insurance ??

Hope you get things resolved.

Paul Williams
(A Welshman living in England)