American note values

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Denise Mattie wrote:

> Clint,
>
> semiquaver = sixteenth
> quaver = eighth
> crotchet = quarter
> semibreve = half
> breve = whole

Um.. I think you might find that that's slightly wrong. It should read:-

minim=half
semibreve=whole
breve=double whole

also:-

demisemiquaver=32nd note
hemidemisemiquaver=64th note
semihemidemisemiquaver=128th note

I can't say that I've seen any music with shorter or longer time values
than that, so that should be a fairly complete list.

Dave Taylor
University of Warwick band
Rolls-Royce (Coventry) band