Ern Keller Band of the Year

	At the weekend Waratah Brass scored a hat trick by winning the
prestigious Ern Keller Band of the Year contest held at St. Marys Band Club
at Western Sydney for the third consecutive year. The contest is by
invitation only and requires 25 minutes of entertaining music. There is also
a $1000 prize. Our band played Introduction, Le Cid, Cops and Robbers,
Cornet duet I know him so well,and Somewhere with the highlight being a
excellent arrangement of An Irish Blessing by Stephen Bradnum, a student of
Phillip McCann. The piece was arranged as a quartet for euph, baritone, horn
and flugel, accompanied by the band.
	The band can now concentrate on learning On Alderley Edge for the up
and coming National Championships in Adelaide.

	Paul
	Flugel