Welsh Regionals

Hi all,

Rumours abound that .......BTM have failed to meet the entry deadline
for the Welsh Regionals and will, therefore, not be competing - is this
true?

Another rumour claims that .......because they failed to compete in the
required number of Welsh contests in 1998 they have been relegated to
the 1st section - is this true?

What's going on over there, is this another case of "rules is rules" and
if so is it not time that our brass band movement introduced a spirit of
flexibility/leniency into its legislation.  Surely we have to find a way
for bands to flourish in the face of adversity!   ........Or perhaps an
Englishman should just keep his nose out of Welsh business.

Cynical of Woodfalls