RE: Welsh Regionals

brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Rumours abound that .......BTM have failed to meet the entry deadline
> for the Welsh Regionals and will, therefore, not be competing - is this
> true?

There was quite a large fuss last year because some bands (naming no names) had
preferential treatment in this matter, i.e. some bands entered a contest on the
deadline and were turned down whereas other bands entered well after the
deadline and were allowed to play.
IMHO treating all bands the same is a good thing.

> Another rumour claims that .......because they failed to compete in the
> required number of Welsh contests in 1998 they have been relegated to
> the 1st section - is this true?

I *think* that the situation is that BTM have been relegated locally but are
still Championship nationally - the opposite of my band who are relegated
nationally but still Championship locally! Quite a bizarre situation.

I can't comment about an Englishman sticking his nose in as I'm English and
living in Wales and do have a rather large nose! :-) - or should that be :---)

Matt Watts
Tongwynlais Temperance Silver Band
Sent via BigAssWeb - free email service at http://www.bigassweb.com