Re: Adjudicating - the system

Gidday to all brass muso's: a lurker has a go!!
M J Pattinson wrote:

"surely it is better to concentrate on your own band's perfomance rather
than on the personal tastes of a particular 'man in the box'"

Isn't this what our involvement in music is all about. We perform "music" to
the best of our technical ability and with the interpretation that our MD
feels is most suited. Sure we compete to win, but IMHO we have lost the plot
when we start duplicating another performers style or playing to the style
preferred by an adjudicator.
If the band feels they have performed and interpreted the music according to
the composers known intentions then thats success.
Too often the competition over-rides the performance.
Regards to all in Banding.

Peter Estall  (ex lurker)
Concept Brass