Re: Adjudicating - the system

Hi All

Whilst I agree with the general principle of the argument I have to confess
that I play to win - even if that means doing what the man in the box likes
rather than keep my own integrity intact. Contests are sport and the players
in the band go to win. My job as conductor is to put the band in the best
possible position to win. I could do it my way and lose the contest - my
integrity is intact but I have a band of players who are less than chuffed.

Often it is impossible to predict what the adjudicators will want, but I
have copied Peter Parkes performance of Journey into Freedom from the CD to
the absolute letter and won a contest with 22 entrants when he was judging.
He commented constantly on how much he liked the interpretation.