Re: Grimethorpe Concert

Well it finally happened. After all the disruptions when the Ballarat link was
cancelled and various other hiccups we -a group from Mount Gambier City Band-
piled into the bus on Saturday Morning early and travelled across -about 450
Ks- to Melbourne to hear THE BAND!

The event was incredible to say the least. The step up from Australian A Grade
bands to Grimethorpe level is really something. The dynamics, control, clarity
and contrast of sound is spectacular to say the least. Every piece was a gem
and the music from the film delighted the large crowd packed in.

During interval we managed to speak with a couple of the lads and asked them if
they would be playing the legendary "William Tell" only to have then decline.
We then decided to persuade them by prolonged applause, standing, begging etc
and they kindly obliged.

The 'River Dance' display by the flugel (?) player was quite a highlight as was
the act by the bass man.

Thanks Grimey we enjoyed a presentation that will be long remembered down
under!!!

Allen Woodham