Re: European test piece

Hi Tom, in your reply to Edy you said:

>You are certainly entitled to your opinion regarding this work and its
>technical challenges, but IMHO, I feel that you are mistaken in your
overall
>assessment.
>
>Odyssey may not be on a par with the most technically difficult test-pieces
>ever written, but it certainly does have its technical challenges and is on
>a par technically with some of the pieces written for the U.K. National
>Finals over the past couple of years, including Isaiah 40 and On Alderley
>Edge.

>Tom S.
>New York Staff Band

Hi Tom, I cannot agree with you there.Having rehearsed and performed both
Isaiah and On Alderley Edge they are much harder than Odyssey. I don't mind
Odyssey as a piece but it needs more extended quiet slow playing to be a
real test - there is only the one short section around the cornet solo.
Still, no such thing as an easy piece.

Jeremy