Re: European test piece - reply

Edd Dixon wrote regarding "Odyssey":

PS- Anyway, I hear there are two different versions with the ISB and NYSB of
this piece. True, or has my gullibility been taken on again!! Tom or
Jonathan?!: )

Edd:

Sorry to tell you this, but you may have been "had" by someone!  If you are
referring to two different versions of music, it's not true, I think we both
have the original version (before the additional music was added) - this is
the version that the ISB recorded.  If you are referring to two different
recordings of this item by the ISB & NYSB, it's not true - the ISB
recordings (on "Phenominal Brass" and "Odyssey") are the only recorded
versions of this item.  We haven't been brave enough to attempt to record it
as of yet!

Actually, we are getting ready for a European tour in May and planned to
include this item on our tour.  However, the rules of the European (agreed
to by the composer) prohibit any other bands from using this item until
after the contest is completed, so we have had to s it for now.

Thanks for your comments in reply, Edy and Jeremy, your points are taken.

Tom S.
NYSB