Re: More on the Grimethorpe Concert

I'll just add my thoughts to Allen Woodham's who wrote previously.
I was lucky to see them twice - at Robert Blackwood (indoors) and at Drysdale
(outdoors - with 5000 people).  Both times I was absolutely enthralled by the
performances.  Definitely the best brass band I've heard perform live in Australia.

The whole program was varied and entertaining - not one boring test piece as I had
feared!!!!  The 2nd time I saw them they played a few different pieces so I
definitely got my money's worth.
Special mentions to the solo cornet player (23 years old) who was brilliant, the
euphonium player in his solo and the percussion player who played the xylophone in
the Toccata, and of course the flugel player playing my favourite Brassed Off piece
- the Gloria Mullens solo!

Bye,
Vicki
City of Greater Dandenong Band.