Re: Scandal

Congratulations to CMFCB on their great win at the Yorkshire!

As an ex Frickley bandsman (some of my happiest years of banding were spent
there) I am absolutely over the moon with the result.

For those that didn't know, in the early Eighties Carlton Main dwindled
down to 3 players - my brother Ray (band chairman and IMHO the finest BBb
Bass player in the business) being one of them.

Well, the three of them had a crisis meeting about whether to fold the
organisation or fight for survival - the battle has obviously been won (for
those who shout 'scandal' - please judge with your ears and not your eyes).
BTW I really believe this is further confirmation that closed adjudication
is the way to go.

Anyway - once again my sincere congratulations to John & the Frickley banders.

Steve Sykes - Tuba Soloist, Conductor
e-mail:
sykotuba@xxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.sykotuba.dircon.co.uk