SINCLAIR COLLEGE CONCERT

SINCLAIR COMMUNITY COLLEGE CONCERT

I=92d like to inform and invite those of you in the Dayton Ohio area to
attend the following concerts.

The Sinclair College Concert Band and the Wind Symphony will be
performing (separately) in a concert  this Sunday at 7:30 PM in Sinclair
Community College=92s Blair Hall Theatre --- located in building #2=97nor
th
side of the street---on W.  4th Street in Dayton Ohio. Sinclair=92s
director of bands is Dr. Ken Kohlenburg, who will be sharing the podium
with the internationally known Stanley DeRusha, who is currently the
Conductor of Orchestra=92s for Butler University=92s Jordan College of Fi
ne
Arts in Indianapolis, Ind. There is NO admittance fee to the concert.
Street parking is available and there attendees can also use (free) the
faculty lot which is immediately  across the street from Blair Hall.

		   SUNDAY PROGRAM  March 7th

Concert Band
   -Mercury				     Jan Van Der Roost
   -In Memoriam : Kristina			    Bruce Yurko
   -George Washington Bridge		      William Schuman
	     Stanley DeRusha  Guest Conductor

Wind Symphony

   -Colonial Song				   Percy Granger
   -Toccata Marziale		       Ralph Vaughan Williams
   -Music Boema				      Zdenek Lukas
	    Stanley DeRusha  Guest Conductor
   -Variants on a Mediaeval Tune		Norman Dello Joio
	   Stanley DeRusha  Guest Conductor

There are also two upcoming concerts in Blair Hall :

    -Sinclair Jazz Band =96under Director Bruce Jordan Friday March 5th
at			  8:00 PM featuring recording artist Bill
Prince			  on reeds and brass

    -Sinclair Concert Band=97full length concert Monday March 15th

			   @ 7:30 PM

We hope you=92ll consider attending what the Band members and the
Music staff feels is going to be a very exciting concert. Please forward
this email to your friends , or just "pass the word". I=92ll keep you
informed about future Sinclair concerts. Please give me a call if you=92d

like more information. By the way ,I=92ll be playing in both bands for th
Sunday March 7th , and in the Concert band for the Monday March 15th
concert

I=92m "copying" this email to some of the band members--for whom I happen

to have email addresses=97in case they might wish to forward the above
information to their friends and relatives.

Dick Ray
610 Redwood Square
Tipp City , Oh  45371
Ph #  937-669-5051