Re: Ern Keller Band of the Year

No it doesn't count, not that anyone around here pays too much attention to
the rankings anyway.

The Keller event is an event entirely funded and organised by the St Marys
Band Club. It costs us a lot of money but the rewards are always worth it.
We don't have a set criteria as to who gets invited it is simply decided
upon by the St Marys Brass committee. I guess the reason that you don't see
any other state bands is because most of them would not want the cost of
travelling NSW so close to the nationals.  But its not a rule and it could
very easily happen in the future, hey, we were gonna invite Grimethorpe but
their schedule was too hectic, might 'ave been a bit of a whitewash though.

 For anyone who is interested to know more about the history of not only
the band but also the Keller event, we will shortly be publishing our web
page, I am sure I'll let everyone know where it is.

Steve Harlow

Glenn McGowan <mcgowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
03/03/99 09:34

Please respond to brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx