A Little Complaint

Hello List,

Just a little observation - About 90% of what has been on the list this
week has been about how shocked everybody is that Dyke didn't come in the
top 6.   What about the other sections ???  I don't recall seeing the
results for these.

There is more to the Brass Band World than Championship.  I know that
everybody wants to see the band they play for get to the top.  But where is
the support for the lower section bands ??

The lower section bands support the Championship bands - how about
returning the support.  It would be nice to see Championship bands coming
in and listening to our sections.  I play for a Second section band and at
Milton Keynes we played to an empty hall !!!  How about the organisers
arranging the contest so that the Championship bands are on before the
lower section bands - I know that this would be impossible because they
wouldn't turn up because it would be too early for them.  But Fourth
Section bands start very early and a lot of them turn up.

We would like to have some support - everybody would like to play to a full
hall - at all we are your feeder bands.  Just a little support would be
nice - please.

Paul Williams
(A Welshman living in England)