re: A Little Complaint

Paul Williams < wrote:
>Hello List,

>Just a little observation - About 90% of what has been on the list this
>week has been about how shocked everybody is that Dyke didn't come in the
>.top 6.   What about the other sections ???  I don't recall seeing the
>results for these.

>There is more to the Brass Band World than Championship.  I know that
>everybody wants to see the band they play for get to the top.  But where is
>the support for the lower section bands ??

Hear hear!  If only I cared enough to really get worked up about it!  I can
only take so much in one day and the percussion saga at Nottingham was it
today...

Please - everyone in section 1 who felt there was an error in judgement
regarding bass drums at the area today, please ensure your secretary makes
suitable representation to the committee.

Interesting subject under discussion recently - I realise this is heresy...
our band doesn't play to win - not at the area, anyway - at the area we play
to consolidate our position within the regional gradings, and to improve as
a band - which thanks  the area test pieces over the last few years we
have... Our performances at concerts are much more important to us - where
we play to enjoy our music and to give the paying public a fair deal...

TTFN,
Jud