Lower Section banding

Paul Williams wrote:

> ............... But where is
> the support for the lower section bands ??
>
> The lower section bands support the Championship bands - how about
> returning the support.  It would be nice to see Championship bands coming
> in and listening to our sections.

You make an interesting point Paul, but I am afraid you are going to have be a
little more realistic. Most championship players I would guess have got enough
on their plates playing. Afterwards, most like to relax with a beer. It's just
the way that these things go - they are not really going to be intersted in
whatever else is going on.

>  I play for a Second section band and at
> Milton Keynes we played to an empty hall !!!  How about the organisers
> arranging the contest so that the Championship bands are on before the
> lower section bands - I know that this would be impossible because they
> wouldn't turn up because it would be too early for them.  But Fourth
> Section bands start very early and a lot of them turn up.

Perhaps it's a case of privileges ........just like in a career, the higher you
go, the better the perks.....

Monkey