Re: A Little Complaint

-----Original Message-----
From: Judith Hayes <judith.hayes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Brass band list postings <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 March 1999 17:51
Subject: re: A Little Complaint

Judith wrote:

>at the area we play
>to consolidate our position within the regional gradings, and to improve as
>a band - which thanks  the area test pieces over the last few years we
>have...

I was going to say, what a pity that it was only the pursuit of silverware
that inspired you and your band to higher standards, but then you continued:

Our performances at concerts are much more important to us - where
>we play to enjoy our music and to give the paying public a fair deal...

Which begs the question, why can your desire to enjoy music and give the
public a fair deal not inspire you to the same standards of performance?

Alec