Re: compare and contrast

Well said, both Martyn and Judith

I find it amazing that the venue has been chosen for number of years
despite, apparently, universal condemnation of the facilities. I don't think
I've ever seen a convincing, positive, argument in it's favour. Perhaps
someone would oblige?

Apart from the issues of the poor halls, lack of warmup area, lack of local
amenities etc. does anyone else agree that accessibility around the site is
unacceptable? The trade stand area (which everyone has to struggle through
to get into the halls and toilets, and apparently half the bands have to
negotiate to get to registration complete with instruments and percussion)
becomes a blockade that is both frustrating and indeed perhaps a hazard in
the event of emergency. The bar tent has a steep, slippery, muddy entrance,
and the whole thing is on a slope. You get better than that at some pop
festivals! Parking around the site also seems to be a problem.

So come on Midlands bands - how about a concerted effort to get ourselves an
Area contest we can enjoy entering and playing at? Birmingham (at the Heart
of the country after all!) with it's ICC would seem like an excellent
choice, but if some Midlands bands have a better idea then how about some
other suggestions?

Yours,

David Deakin
Bone2, Arrow Valley Brass