Re: New Jersey Brass Band Day

.MentorH wrote:
>Don;t forget the euphonium clinic by Tyrone Breuninger of the Philadelphia
>Orchestra

Dear Mentor:

Thanks for the addition of the above to my posting.  I guess I didn't know
exactly everything that was happening on that day.

I didn't get to make it to his clinic, but I have been told that Mr.
Breuninger told many interesting stories about the conductors that he liked
and disliked while playing with the Philadelphia Orchestra.  In particular,
Muti was disliked by the brass players because he made them blow their
brains out, or something to that effect.  Is this an accurate accessment, or
can you enlighten me as to what happened.

Tom S.
NYSB