Re: compare and contrast

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Adrian J. Raven wrote:

> The Midland area contest was (admittedly) getting a little ungainly in
> the early '80s (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there were about
> 104 bands in 1981 or '82), but the way the area was split up was a
> complete disaster. There are probably fewer bands in the Midlands now,

There are slightly fewer bands in the Region now but not by that many -
there were 98 bands in the 5 sections over the weekend. These were split
up as follows:

Championship	12
First		19
Second		21
Third		19
Fourth		27!!

Presumably this is the largest region in the country?

As for venue choice, I'm sure we would all like to play somewhere else -
many good suggestions. De Montfort Hall especially as I could stagger home
from the bar! Perhaps its just a case of everyone bringing this
to the attention of the organising committee and seeing what happens. I
feel though that this probably happens on a regular basis and as nothing
has been done so far, there may still be unwillingness to change. No harm
in making the point again I suppose.

At the end of the day, although not ideal, it is still the same for all
bands and we just need to get on with it!

Cheers for now
Stuart Gadsden
Publicity Officer
Enderby Band