Re: Besson Versus Bach

>I played a new Sovereign last year and not only had problems with
>sluggish values and a tuning slide that was so loose I had to make sure
>that I wasn't playing too flat every now and then. I also had real
>problems producing a true top A. Having changed instruments to an older
>sovereign in the middle of last year, I am far happier with the result.

Funny you should say that. I've just bought a new Sovereign and have noticed
that the top A was "temperamental". However, I've noticed that as I play it
more, the A is coming more and more easily. I'm not aware that I'm doing
anything different, I think the instrument is just bedding down.

Phil Kingsbury
Godalming Band