Re: A Little Complaint

Marc Robbin wrote:
> Surely it was the same for everyone.

This doesn't appear to be the case, as Cathy Hill pointed out .....

>>the first 5(?) bands in the First
>>Section were not allowed to bring on their own (kit) bass drum.
>>Later in the contest other bands were allowed to use
>>their own equipment.

> If percussion is provided for all, everyone suffers equally.

But why should anyone HAVE to suffer if they are able to avoid it?
I know this sounds a little like 'fight of the fittest', but if bands are
able to get the equipment they want why shouldn't they use it?

For those bands that can't afford/beg/borrow (but definitely not steal!)
the equipment in the first place, then it's great that something is
provided for them free of charge.  However, the minimal expectation by the
band, of the organisers, should be that it is at least the correct
equipment and in proper working order.

CLAIR TOMALIN
Flugel
Clacton-on-Sea Co-Operative Band