Re: Besson Versus Bach

"Richards ,Mr Alistair" wrote:

> Does anyone have any opinions on the Yamaha Maestro cornets?

My daughter loves hers.  She's now 11, grade V (six next) and tried
Besson's best offerings.  Recently she tried the top of the line
Courtois.  But it is all in the eye of the beholder.  She still likes
her (now three year old) Maestro.

In my opinion, the finish and build quality of her maestro is better
from the others she has tried, but I dont have to play it.  I also have
a Yamaha trombone (682G Bb/F) that I think is well made, but not as
playable as some others.

regards

Steve Larwood, Euphonium  (Courtois)
Melbourne Town Band http://www.mtb-brassband.com