RE Besson vs Bach

Dear List,

I've been playing a Yamaha Maestro for the past few years, and have been
very please with the instrument. However, it appears to be showing it's a
ge
now, and I find it very tiring to play (I could be me getting old too!).

I've been playing an 'on appro' Besson Sovereign 928 tonight at band
practice, and I found the first valve constantly sticking.... even after
cleaning and re-lube. The quality of the finish is also not as high as I
would have expected. Poor plating finish, and some untidy jointing is not
expected when you are paying =A3=A3=A3s. The 700 series Sovereign I playe
d before
the Yamaha did not have any of these problems.

I've got another practice Wed evening, and a concert on Thursday... so I'
ll
give the 928 a good run for it's money, however, I think it may be going
back.

I've heard Getzens are good to play. Has anyone got any comments on these
makes.

Dave Smillie
Principal Bb Cornet
Lincolnshire Area Voluntary Band
(Guest player for The Band of the Lincolnshire Fire Brigade).

dsmillie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://homepages.enterprise.net/dsmillie