Re: Aussie Nationals

Chris Earl wrote:

> ----------
> > From: Grice, Paul PF <Grice.Paul.PF@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: Aussie Nationals
> > Date: Sunday, 7 March 1999 19:10
> >
> > Dear Aussie members
> >
> > I am organising our bands trip to Adelaide and would like to know what
> other
> > bands are doing with regard to transporting instruments by air. We are
> > flying Qantas and their cargo space is owned by Aust Air Express and they
> > want to charge us by weight to carry the instruments. We have never had

Chris,
The last time we flew we did not have to pay additional for our instruments. It
was halfway across Canada with Canadian Airlines. People were restricted to two
pieces of luggage one of which was their checked instrument. (This is not fair
for we players of larger instruments :>) ) Our flight was approx 2300 miles ??
km!
I  think there are regulations as to weight when you are on an International
flight but that is the only thing that I know of. I am not in the airline
business so I can't and don't comment officially. Are there any listers who are
travel agents or work for an airline that could perhaps define the query posed
by Chris?

Larry White