Re: Besson Versus Bach

I have also recently bought a new Sovereign 928. I don't find
much problem with the top A, other than my own ability anyway!-)
and I don't find the valves to be sluggish. I think they may
be heavier than on some cornets but I find their response just
fine.

However, I do have a thread problem on the bottom first valve
cap and have problems with the valve catching the thread at the
top of the valve case when I insert/remove any of the valves.

I've not been overly concerned with this until now when others
are mentioning the same problems. When you pay almost 1,000
(go on bass players, say it: "only 1,000!") for an instrument
you do expect it to be perfect, so I think I'm going to get mine
looked at (and hopefully fixed/replaced).

I did also try the brand new Getzen Eterna II which I believe has
only recently been introduced. This was a nice instrument and
compared very favourably with the Sovereign. It had a good mellow
sound, but not quite as warm as the Sovereign. It was as easy to
play as the Sovereign, with the valves being a bit lighter. It
does still come with the button water key though, not that I
personally think this is a problem, but I know some people don't
like them.

Cheers, Greg.