Re: Midland Area Venue (fwd)

Robert makes a very good point. I have undertaken Health and Safety risk
assessment training as part of my job (primarily with regard to the
assessment of VDU terminals), and there are many issues arising from the
Midlands Area venue that I expect would be criticised severely by an H & S
inspector. Not least of which are wheelchair access, fire escape routes,
number of people in the halls (especially during the announcement of the
results), trade stands in the entry/exit route and general inaccessibility.
This is before we have even considered the venue's suitability in allowing
ALL the competing bands a fighting chance of giving their best 'on stage'
(except there isn't one) without suitable changing and warming up
facilities.

So are there changes afoot, given the amount of negative feedback evident
(on this list at least)? Or do we have to grin and bear it until a change is
forced on safety grounds such as those mentioned above?

Note that although we didn't get a good result, there are absolutely no sour
grapes on show here. Even if we had achieved a result worth celebrating then
the 'bar' would not have been a desirable place to celebrate it!

Cheers,

David Deakin, Bone2, Arrow Valley Brass
dave at thd-kins dot demon dot co dot uk
The Internet 'Banding Stuff' Page www.thd-kins.demon.co.uk

P.S. Darryl, is there anywhere that Svengali's gig dates are published? I
gather you will be at the Fiddle and Bone a couple of times during the year.
I saw your last gig at the F &B - excellent! - hope to see you there again
soon. Please feel free to mail me privately at dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with any info. Cheers!