Rogues' Gallery

Dear List,

I'm sure all of you out there are much like me - that through this list
you've forged friendships via email, ICQ, brass band room chats, the
Forum, some friendships of which have moved into "real life" also,
meeting at contests, attending other band's rehearsals and such.

Many on here have become a quite the "extended family" but it's a shame
that because of the distance between countries on the list, that a lot
will just never have an opportunity to meet.

Ahhh!!!  But here's the next best thing!!

I had an idea, ran it by a couple of people, who thought it was a winner
- and Nigel has kindly agreed to let me run with it and see if there's
any response - how about a ROGUES' GALLERY???

So I've set up a website where you can post your picture if you wish,
then at a glance you can see your "extended family" and friends from the
list.

Of course I'm mindful of the anonymity of the list, and the fact that
many people do wish to remain "faceless" and that's fine too.  It's
purely up to you.  But trust me, curiosity will get the better of you.

BUT ... if you'd like to post your picture - please feel free to send me
a photo in jpg format preferably, but otherwise I can convert (and the
smaller the size the better) - your name as you use it on the list -
what you play - what band you play with - and whereabouts in the world
you are from.  It'd be great to get a photo if you have one in your band
uniform so we can see what all the different bands look like.

Send to:  hornettes@xxxxxxxxxxx
(Hey, I'm a tenor horn player, what else am I going to a hotmail
emailf???)

Alternatively, you may have your own homepage, or your band might have a
site up and running that your picture is on, so if you point me in the
right direction via an address and tell me which picture, I can save it
from your site for you to save you the hassle of sending it.  Don't
worry if there are others in the picture also, I can crop it from this
end.

Go check out the site, it's up and running as from tonight and have a
look.  It's so much fun putting the faces to the names.

www.users.bigpond.com/carollee/wizzt.html

And likewise, if you don't think this is a fun idea - well any feedback
will be welcome - good, bad, or otherwise.

Hope to hear from you ... or "SEE YOU" soon!

Carol Wills