Re: Midland Area Venue

Hi All

This is turning out to be a marathon topic but it really is about time
something was done. I don't compete in this area but always go to listen. I
missed the first band this year as the lobby was so packed that I literally
couldn't get through. In the event of a fire we would all have fried. I got
plastered in mud going to the refreshment tent in the rain. The bands were
sat on the carpeted floor,  level with the crowd and the ceiling is about 9'
above and so the acoustic is as dead as can be - an ideal rehearsal room
actually.

The committee have complained about the stewards being abused on the day -
fair enough this should not happen - but my experience with the steward
which I approached courteously with a simple request for information was
that he had serious attitude - of the car park attendant type - and was as
awkward and blatantly rude as he could be. If I hadn't my reputation (as a
bit of a girl) to think off he would have found himself on his a**e nursing
a fat lip.

Jeremy