RE: Folkestone + Southport

. I would like to know names and contact persons of brass
> bands from this region (Southport, Liverpool) as we are planning a
> trip up there in September or October of this year and would like to
> have one or two concerts in this region. Could somebody help me and
> send me such a list?

Hi Marc, as a former resident of Southport I remember there being a band
in Formby,
Hesketh Bank and a St John Ambulance band in the Southport area. Glad to
see you are
visiting the best side of the Pennines. Don't expect sunny weather in
October, but I think
they are planning on the tide being in. . I think Mons is actually the
twin town of Bootle,
which is famous for the former Girobank HQ, its Inland revenue building,
the docks and
 a pub called 'The Mons'. So all in all I think you are better going to
Southport.
I have visited Mons with the Sefton Schools Concert Band and spent a
pleasent evening in the
'Bootle Arms' (I was 18 honest).  Whilst in Southport you could also
visit the God forsaken
town of Leyland who I believe have a half decent village band, or the
Blackpool illuminations
(Blackpool is best visited when its dark)

Look forward to seeing you at Folkestone, its a while since we had a
Belgium winner.

Regards
Geoff Collins, BB bass
Uckfield Concert Brass, UK

Hi to all those in Southport, Australia.
Now did forget to upset anyone there? Eddy don't answer that one :-)