Re: Contest Rules

jeremy.wise@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< >We (Brackley) played in the 2nd Section Midlands area contest last
 >weekend, unfortunately our Flugel player was taken ill during the week
 >and could not play. Our secretary took a doctor's note to the draw and
 >asked tp borrow the Flugel player from the band drawn before us. After
 >the draw was completed the Band (or Player, i'm not sure) said that they
 >were unable (unwilling?) to help and so we played without a Flugel. >>

Whatever the rules position, am I the only person that is absolutely staggered
that a band or player wouldn't agree to play for the following band in this
way.
It used to be one of my 2 remaining brass band ambitions to play at with the
band after me as a result of a doctors note, would have been particularly nice
at the Nationals or the Masters. The other ambition was to have got a really
jammy 1st place at a contest that was roundly condemned by all other
participating bands, but that has been fulfilled on a couple of occasions in
the last 2-3 years.

Martyn Pattinson
Bedrock  Brass