Liability insurance for a Brass Band

Hi list - I am another new subscriber to the Brass Band mailing list.

Our band was formed in the summer of 97, and we have been performing for
a little less than a year.  We are in the process of becoming a
non-profit corporation (501c3 status in the USA) and establishing the
business side of our organization.

I'm trying to research our needs for insurance, including liability.
Information from other bands in the USA would be most helpful.  Can
anyone give me advice about the following:

Does your band find it necessary to carry liability insurance?

What limits of coverage do you have?

What is the annual cost?

Are you able to get insurance for the instruments as well general
liability, in the event the band is transporting them for instance?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Mary Ellen Lathrop
Cuyahoga Valley Brass Band