The Brass Band lists.

Hi,

	My name is Robin Norman and I've been 'lurking' for about a week
looking at what sort of mail is posted on the brass band list before
introducing myself formally. Now I feel I can contribute something
useful.
On Saturday 13th Steve Anker wrote to the list regarding G.U.S. I am
actually one of the Eb Bass players with the band and, therefore, am in
good position to let everyone know what is going on.

	Firstly, let me make one thing clear, G.U.S is not folding !!!!.
Yes, the lack of a sponsor is making things a little more difficult but
every member of the band is working hard as a unit with Melvin and the
helm
to keep the name and standard alive and kicking. This means more
fund-raising activities to meet running costs whilst trying for a new
sponsor. The first of these is 24-hour sponsored blow starting at
8.00pm on
the 1st April. If anyone feels that they can sponsor the band for this
venture please let me know via my personal e-mail and I will pass your
details onto the chairman and organiser for the event. As I do not
think
they have e-mail, an address or telephone number would be helpful as
well so
that we can contact you after the event to collect the money. As Steve
correctly wrote it would really be a shame for another top class
'named'
band in the midlands to fold so if everyone in the band world could
spare
=A31, =A35 or even more we would be more than grateful for your help
through
these difficult times.

	Also, I would like to congratulate my old band, Soham Comrades, for
their result at the Southern Counties area yesterday. Seventh may not
seem
all that great to some people but for a non-sponsored village band from
Cambridgeshire competing for the first time in the top-flight I'm sure
that
they are all ecstatic. I'm also sure that beating the 'old enemy' (in
the
nicest sense) Matthew's by 3 points also warranted a couple more
drinks.

Many thanks to you all for interesting reading, I hope to be in touch
again,
if I have something useful to say.

Regards,

Robin Norman.